Friday, October 26, 2007

Local Ad

Well folks, it's happened. The hour long episodes have ended. I am really kind of bummed about it. The half-hours don't feel long enough! Oh well, not much we can do about it.

Last night's episode, Local Ad, was actually surprisingly funny. It felt different that the traditional office episodes, and I'm not sure I'd want it every week, but it was pretty good.
Initial Grade: 8/10

I'll do my review character by character this time.

Andy: not remembering the Kit-Kat commcerical was priceless. 'Football Cream.' Yes, that makes perfect sense. Fancy Feast is even better. XD Nard-dog was kind of annoying, not really that funny. This weird necking business makes me laugh so much though. "It's hot, I'll admit, but it's a little weird." But the adorableness of Andy was worn off. He's not adorable. He's annoying again. He's trying too hard with Angela. That business of making her play Sue Graftin made me roll my eyes. But that's okay. I'm way more comfortable with loving Dwight and finding Andy annoying. It's like the good ol' days. I kind of wish he'd lay off Dwight though. Hehe, 'Dee' AnDEE, or D-wight? Lol, he'll never know. ^^

Stanley: His usual self. Funny, likeable. Still, I can't help but wonder what's going to happen next week. :0

Phyllis: Okay, I really don't like Phyllis' character this season, but in this episode she was actually funny. It was weirdly funny to see her get so excited about something. Her face and her voice reminded me of something, but in the interest of sparing the real Phyllis, I wont say what. Besides, I'm not sure I can quite place my finger on it anyway. Also, there is something twisted inside of me that secretly was tickled by Phyllis' crying. Evil, I know. Except it didnt really look like she was crying. Whatever.

Meredith: Meredith!!! In all reality, this is not a good Meredith episode. She has virtually nothing to say. But she earn's a 8/10 just for that sheer hilarity in the one single line: 'Piss or get off the pot!'

Creed: Zero lines except for his 'She's hot' or whatever he says in response to Andy. Sadness. I want more Creed. I did like that he stole Pam's hashbrowns though. ^^ hehe.

Kevin: His reaction to Oscar being nominated by Michael for playing 'Mama Bear' is soo funny. ^^ It reminded me of why I love Kevin. OH MY GOSH! Kevin's 'kool-aid man' face almost made me wet my pants. It was brilliant! Only Brian Baumgartner could pull off a face like that. Great Kevin moments in this episode. When he tried to give Phyllis a piece of tape in lieu of a tissue, *snickers* very good.

Oscar: Not much Oscar stuff in this episode. Vaguely disappointing on the second watch, the first time around I didn't really notice.

Kelly: Wow, a really kelly-less episode. She said absolutely nothing! She did seem pretty happy about getting to do makeup though.

Toby: Barely any - if any - Toby! This has happened a couple of times this season. But that's alright. I'm not heartbroken about it.

Derryl: Nice voice, Derryl! Wow, I'm surprised. His keyboarding is awesome. And though if I heard it out of context as if it were a real ad I probably wouldn't like his jig, I think it's some pretty good composing. The lyrics are funny, I want to memorize them. Don't be surprised if I do. The only way I get through the week is rewatching. 'Dunder Miffling: The People-Person's Paper People'

Angela: Lots of referring to Angela, very little actual Angela-acting! This was supremely disappointing as I've gotten used to the Angela-heavy episodes. I still really wish she'd get back together with Dwight.

Dwight: Dwight and Second Life. Genious. Also, heartbreaking. It would make sense that Dwight would be into something like that. I want to know if SL paid NBC to include them, or the more likely scenario, they just thought it would be funny to have Dwight playing it. Poor Dwight though, forced to listen to Andy. Bad timing for becoming Andy's friend, mate. A good agonizing moment is when Dwight's leaning against the vending machine, listening to Andy's blabber and he sighs 'Andy, I can't hear this right now.' My heart broke for him - again - for the billionth time this season. But then he got almost euphoric when he heard Angela called Andy 'D' - meaning she's not over Dwight. It was so nice to see him happy.

Jim: Not much with Jim in the beginning. Kind of disappointing. His bit with Andy and the kit-kat jingle is funny, but other than that it's low key. Until - and here is where it gets truly funny - his bit with Pam and the Second Life avatar. So funny!! I do really like that Jim and Pam are still Dwight's allies, and that Jim's kind of taken it on himself to look out for Dwight. It was funny that he had to get a ride with Meredith, considering what happened with the cast.
Okay, so a good JAM moment = Jim brings her breakfast. ^^ cute.
Jim's kind of become quite the good guy, hasn't he? I mean, he always was, but in the last couple episodes he's been really good about stepping up when someone's on the verge of self-destruction. Him playing that copy of their ad because Michael was upset was kind of touching. Also kind of nice to see Jim get a teeny bit terratorial.

Pam: Pam acts a little more like the old pam in this one - a teeny bit unsure of herself, still adorable, and refreshingly familiar. I do like that she gets into her animation stuff so much. I get really into photomanipulation, so I totally get her when she says 'No talk, animating.' And 'Maybe, but it's not good enough for me yet.' But my favorite Pam moment of the whole episode was her clearing Michael's phone lines. 'Beep boop, boopoop, boop, beep,' that was golden!! It was unexpected and it felt like what I've been wanting from the premier, which is Pam-initiated wittiness. Awesome!

Michael: Couldn't talk when he was five. XD nice. Not much to say about Michael in this episode. He was not painful, nor overly funny. He was there, vaguely annoying as usual, but nothing shocked me. Could have ramped him up a little on something. After the last 4 episodes him having a mental breakdown about something (Rabies, technology, pizza coupons, money) this seemed really, really tame.

Other: You know, I don't like the ad company's commerical. It's really hokey. If it came on television, I'd switch the channel. Just so you know, I only switch the channel on annoying commericial's, like Head On and such. I definitely would watch Michael's commerical though, over and over. Heh, it's actually really funny.
Ryan's secretary! Where'd she come from? Anyway, she kind of looks like this girl my friend dated once or twice.
I love David Wallace. Hehe, he doesn't react in big ways to Michael. "This is weird."

No comments: