Saturday, October 13, 2007

Introduction

Alrighty ladies and gentleman, whether or not this blog actually gets read by anyone other than myself doesn't really matter. It will still be here. For my own amusement.

By way of introduction, my name ... or rather, my alias (ooh my gosh, she has an alias!) is Quill. I am a straight female living in Anytown, USA (that is to say, it could be any town, not a place called Anytown). I am into psychology, medicine, writing, and graphic design. I have a fairly busy schedule so I will try to write as faithfully as I can, but a warning, I have never been that good at journals. I favor The Muse and Collective Soul, but I am open to most forms of music. I currently work primarily from a Windows XP laptop, but a breaking hinge and a loathing for Vista is driving me to want a Mac book. I shall soon be acquiring one, as soon as the budget allows. I do not watch excessive television, but there are three shows I follow fairly regularly (one religiously). They are Glenn Beck, House, and The Office.

I am an uber-fan of The Office. My best confidant, who I tell all my darkest secrets to (which I suppose can be considered lame) is my Dwight Shrute bobblehead. I have a Fun Run t-shirt and my desktop on both my laptop and my regular computer are office desktops. I watch each new episode several times before the next new one. I have all three seasons on DVD and have watched all the bonus features, including the commentary (<3).

Perhaps you'd be interested to know my favorite characters. From most favorite to who I hate most:
Dwight <3
Creed
Pam
Jim
Andy
Angela
Kevin
Oscar
Derryl
Jan
Stanley
Roy
Toby
Michael
Ryan
Phyllis
Kelly

I am a very opinionated person, just so you are aware. I will never try to force my opinion on people, I understand that others feel differently from me, but I will not be shy about expressing my opinions.

This is an analytical blog of Season Four of The Office. It will not be too technical, and if my english professors ever read this - no, I will probably not stick to the Schaffer (sp?) paragraph. This is an opinion analysis, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. At the same time, this is not a rave blog. It will not be post after post of 'oh my gosh, john krasinski is so effing hot!' or 'liek omg, i heart the office soooooo much!' -Ugh, no. Never. You will find relatively intelligent and comprehensible posts that may or not be of a favorable opinion of a specific episode or character.

What you will not find on my blog is profanity, bashing, chatspeak (smilies excluded), or anything in bad taste.

With that said, if there is someone out there actually reading this, if for any reason this does not appeal to you, turn away and forget you were ever here. On the other hand, if there is someone out there who things this could be an interesting addition to their otherwise mundane lives, then hold on tight. The Opinionator stops the train for no one. It's your job to jump if you want off.

Oh boy. Yeah, I'd better quite before anything else like that comes out of my head. Goodbye, fellow Office Lovers, or empty blog space with no one watching.

Coming up: A beginning overview opinion.
Later: Launch Party analyzed.

No comments: